|Convenience Marketers Association (CMA)
Tasked by the CEO of USG, a $5 billion national GPO with a staff of 14 to quickly create a new revenue source for the organization. To accomplish, researched potential channels, met with Independent C-Store operators and studied national industry data; discovering predominantly Single-Store Operators (Approx. 97,000) that are impractical for Manufacturers, Brokers, and Grocery Distributors to reach with rebates, marketing, or promotional resources adequately. As such, created, presented, and executed upon Board approval, a business plan to form and deliver a national Convenience rebate program to Independent Convenience Operators.
• Built new national rebate organization, brand, marketing assets, marshaled and managed initial process and systems re-engineering, and rolled out national rebate program as a direct-to-Retailer model.
• Marketed and sold directly to independent Retailers, grew the CMA brand, created a national network of industry colleagues, collected market intel, and conceived a simple, co-branded partner strategy for Distributors and Retailer Associations.
• Built and executed the CMA co-branded partner program including a simplified electronic enrollment process, mobile-enabled user experience, and reporting solution. Created and executed marketing assets, campaigns, presented with targets, and represented company at all industry events and speaking engagements as the point-person and substantive expert.
• Negotiated national agreements and enrollments with Distributors and Retailer Associations to offer the program in owned and independent Retail client locations.
• Lead, motivated, trained, and mobilized Distributor Sales Representatives with webinars, joint-calls, simple marketing tools, and coaching to enroll and train Retailers during routine site visits.
• Trained and mentored the CMA team in operations, customer service, and inside sales.
For a sample of tools created for CMA watch this 2-minute video: